Online service Warc recently announced the results of their 2016 ranking of World’s Best Marketing Campaigns. The top 10 companies used social media video campaigns to find success.
- Penny The Pirate by Australian Optical Chain, OPSM – Influenced 126,000 parents to purchase a product, increasing company sales by 22.4%.
- #LikeAGirl by Always – The brand’s purchase intent increased up to 92%. The video was shared one million times in the first month.
- Project Architeuthis by The US Navy – The Navy recruited cryptologists via social media, increasing the likelihood of enlistment.
- Inglorious Fruits and Vegetables by Intermarché – The campaign focused on selling fruits and veggies that look imperfect, sold an average of 1.2 tons per store in 2 days.
- Live Test Series by Volvo – The video generated over 100 million views and increased sales by 23%.
- If We Made It by Newcastle Brown Ale – The video campaign increased volume sales by over 20%.
- This is Wholesome by Honey Maid – The video celebrated diversity in families and helped Honey Maid achieve an increase in market share.
- Share a Coke by Coca-Cola – The campaign reconnected Coca-Cola with its customers and increased soft-drink sales by 2%, raising Coke consumption from 1.7 billion to 1.9 billion servings per day
- Kan Khajura Tesan (translated to the Earmworm Channel) by Hindustan Unilever – The channel gained 12 million subscribers in less than 10 months.
- I Will What I Want by Under Armour – The video, featuring Misty Copeland, increased Under Armour sales by 28%
Using video to drive sales is a dominant tactic most brands have adopted on social media. Facebook is becoming the most popular channel for watching videos. The channel is great for brands looking to increase engagement and awareness on Facebook.
The campaigns above could have increased sales even more, had they used Video Checkout technology. For example, Under Armour could have sold its products with Video Checkout, allowing viewers to watch the video and simultaneously purchase Under Armour apparel all without leaving the Facebook News Feed.
Creative videos are essential to growing your brand’s online presence and are the ultimate way to entertain and educate your audience.