Electronic invoices are a great way to improve your company’s overall efficiency, lower your overhead costs, and make payments easier and more convenient for your customers. If you’re not considering electronic invoicing at your company, you should be. Read on to learn more about the game-changing new tool.
What are Electronic Invoices?
Electronic invoices allow you to send and receive professional invoices via the web. Instead of creating, printing, and mailing paper invoices for each product or service you provide, you can simply generate your invoices online and send them via email or through a secure online system.
Once a customer receives an invoice through the web, they’re able to pay right away. They can submit a credit card payment, perform a bank transfer, or choose from a number of other convenient and fast payment routes – whichever is most convenient for them.
You can even use electronic invoicing to create automatic invoices for your customers and clients every billing period. Then, you don’t have to keep up with due dates, deadlines, and other complicated details. It’s seamless, convenient, and hassle-free for both you and your customers.
Benefits of Electronic Invoices
Web invoicing is becoming more and more popular with modern-day businesses. Why? Because it offers companies a plethora of significant benefits, ultimately making them more efficient, more cost-effective, and, most importantly, more professional.
Some of the many benefits you can enjoy by using electronic invoices are:
- You can save on costs. Web invoicing is simply more cost-effective than traditional paper invoicing. Your team doesn’t have to waste valuable time and effort manually typing out invoices, printing them, and mailing them out. They can instead turn their attention to more pressing matters. Plus, with electronic invoicing, you never have to pay any costs for paper, envelopes, or stamps. Your invoices are set completely free over the web.
- There are fewer mistakes. You could have the most diligent employees in the world, but at some point, they’re going to make a mistake. If this happens on your invoices, it could lead to lost sales, lost money, and, unfortunately, lost business. You don’t get these costly human errors with electronic invoices. Since web invoices are generated automatically, you can rest assured you’ll have mistake-free invoices each and every time.
- It’s easier. Put simply, electronic invoicing is just easier than traditional invoicing. It takes less time, it doesn’t require as much effort, and it’s a lot better for your workflow. Your employees don’t have to stop what they’re doing to crank out tireless invoices. Instead, they can keep the ball rolling, so your company is as productive and efficient as possible.
- There are no excuses. Because electronic invoicing produces automatic invoices and transmits them via the web, there is a lot less room for excuses. Customers can’t say it was lost in the mail or that it was never sent out; you have the proof! Electronic invoicing systems keep track of everything and ensure your invoices get sent out on time – each and every time.
- They’re more professional invoices. An electronic system produces much more professional-looking invoices than a manual one does. With web invoicing, you’re able to control the design, layout, and look of your invoices, and ensure it’s consistent each and every time. Plus, you can better manage the timing and delivery of your invoices, so customers know you mean business.
- Payments can be made faster. When a customer receives an electronic invoice, all they have to do is click a button and submit payment online. You can receive your funds almost instantaneously after sending out a web invoice. With a traditional mailed invoice, this just isn’t possible. You have to wait for the customer to cut a check or call in a payment; most of the time, this won’t even happen until they inch closer to the invoice’s due date.
Considering electronic invoices for your business? Contact Total Apps today to get started.